This Breakfast Hash with Bacon and Poached Eggs offers a perfect balance of textures and flavours, making it a beloved choice for a hearty and satisfying breakfast or brunch.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes until tender, drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 4 minutes, add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Roughly mash the potato and mix into the onion mixture. Season.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon under a preheated grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the potato hash into 4 rounds. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the hash rounds for 2 minutes on each side. Top with the bacon and a poached egg and serve immediately.