Indulge in this flavoursome and comforting lamb hotpot recipe. This is an easy way to use up any leftovers from your Sunday roast – all you need to do is add some extra veg and a bit of stock.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Bring a medium sized pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, drain and leave to cool.
- In a large pan add 1 tablespoon of the oil and cook the onion, carrot and leek until they start to colour over a medium heat.
- Now add the lamb and continue cooking for a couple more minutes before stirring in the flour. Deglaze with the Worcestershire sauce then pour in the lamb stock and bring to a steady simmer, add the rosemary, leave it ticking away and season to taste.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and cook the potatoes until golden.
- Spoon the lamb into a medium sized oven dish, top with the potatoes, place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with pickled red cabbage or any vegetable of your choice.