This traditional French dish is always one of the most delectable choices on the menu. Tuck into this classic dauphinoise potato recipe with this simple method brimming with the fantastic flavours of cheese, garlic and thinly sliced smooth potatoes. Delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from browning. Rinse, then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place the cream, milk and garlic in a large saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the potatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until just tender. Season well.
- Transfer to a buttered ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the cheese. Bake for 25 minutes until golden, and there you have it – the perfect dauphinoise potatoes.