A creative and vibrant dish that adds a fun twist to traditional potato salad. This recipe combines the comforting appeal of potatoes with the freshness of courgettes and a zesty dressing. The result is a lively and delicious salad that’s perfect for bringing a touch of ‘funk’ to your meal.
- Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes with a lid on until just cooked. Drain and leave until cool enough to handle then cut in half. Keep the water and cook the green beans for 5 minutes and drain.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over a medium heat until hot. Toast the pine nuts until lightly brown in the griddle pan while slicing the courgette into ½ cm pieces or if you have a mandolin slice into long strips and transfer into a big bowl.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl with the courgettes. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, season and toss together. Place the potatoes and courgettes onto the griddle pan and cook together until nicely charred and keep warm. This may be in 3 batches depending on the size of your pan.
- In a large serving bowl add the rocket, baby gem lettuce, green beans, mint, pine nuts, potatoes and courgettes.
- Mix the lemon zest, juice and remaining olive oil in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Garnish with the Feta.