This street snack is beloved for its exciting mix of textures and flavours and is a culinary adventure for those looking to explore the diverse and dynamic world of Indian street food.
- Mix the masala spices together.
- Cook the potatoes for four minutes in boiling, salted water and drain.
- Heat a large sauté pan with some oil and sauté the potatoes until starting to crisp.
- Add the courgettes and cook for one minutes. Remove from the pan to a bowl.
- Sauté the prawns and mix into the potatoes. Season with the spice mix.
- Scatter over the chillies, coriander, grated ginger and poppy seeds and serve with tamarind and mint yoghurt.
Tip: This recipe says to use Asafoetida, in the Masala spice mix, is a very pungent spice that’s commonly used in Middle Eastern cooking. If you are unable to get this replace with onion or garlic powder,