Jacket potatoes cooked to fluffy perfection with spicy tomato, sweetcorn and cheese fillings – this Mexican style Jacket Potato recipe is simple to make and can pack a bit of a kick!
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7. Prick the potatoes with a fork, place on a plate and microwave on HIGH for 6½ minutes. Turn the potatoes over and microwave for a further 3½ minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and brush with the oil. Season and bake for 20 minutes until the skin is crisp and the flesh is soft. Reduce the temperature to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6 if the potatoes brown too quickly.
- Heat a small non-stick pan over a medium to high heat and toast the cumin seeds for 30 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Mix the Cheese, sweetcorn, tomatoes and coriander together. Scatter with the lime zest and cumin seeds then mix well to combine.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Make a cross over each potato and split open slightly.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into each jacket potato and sprinkle with a pinch of chilli powder.