- On the coarsest side of your grater, grate the potato, courgette and onion into a clean tea towel and squeeze all the excess water out of the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables into a large mixing bowl and combine well with the egg, chilli and thyme. Season.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium-low heat and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. When hot, add the potato mixture, gently pressing to smooth over the top. Leave to cooking for about 7-8 minutes until golden and crisp. Now invert the potato onto a plate, so the crispy side is uppermost, return the pan to the heat. Add the last of the olive oil and when hot slide the potato back into the pan to crisp up the underside.
- Whilst this is cooking grill some steak to your liking and steam some curly kale. Slice the steak over the potato and pop the kale to one side and serve at the table from the pan.
- This is also a great potato dish served with crispy bacon, roasted tomato and fried egg or sliced avocado, lime, coriander and sour cream. The choice is yours!
- If you don’t have a courgette then try using, squash, beetroot, parsnip, or simply keep it as potato.
Tip: Great served with grilled steak and sautéed curly kale