A tasty family feast recipe using some essential Irish-style ingredients including potato, bacon and cabbage. Easy to cook in bulk for all your friends and family!
- Heat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan.
- Parboil the potatoes for five minutes then drain using a colander. Once cooled, thinly slice the potatoes and set aside.
- Wilt the cabbage, season well and stir in the bacon or ham hock.
- Heat the cream, butter and garlic until hot in a saucepan. Season and set aside.
- In a gratin dish, layer the potatoes, cheese, ham and cabbage, finish with a layer of potatoes and a sprinkle of breadcrumbs, Cheddar, Parmesan and parsley.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden on top.
- Serve immediately.