This dish works just as well with tinned salmon, and is a quick and tasty way to use up any leftover mash.
- Cook the spring onions in the butter until soft then tip into a mixing bowl. Add the mash, tinned tuna, seaweed if using, dill, lemon zest and season.
- Lightly mix together with a fork then divide into 4 balls, then form into fishcakes. If you have time, transfer to a plate, cover and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Take 3 bowls, add flour to one, beaten egg to one and the breadcrumbs mixed with the parsley to the third.
- Gently roll each fishcake in the flour, dip into the egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook for about 8-10 minutes over medium heat until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile to make the salad, toss all the ingredients together and serve with the fishcakes.