This potato gratin recipe derives from the French cuisine classic! The traditional method is based around that excellent pairing of cheese and potatoes which this recipe honours along with a mixture of tomatoes, cream and seasoning. Tuck in!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish.
- Cover the base of the dish with a layer of the potato slices.
- Add a layer of, tomato and cheese, reserving approximately 25g of cheese for the top and season. Repeat the layers, finishing with a final layer of potatoes.
- Pour over the cream and sprinkle over the reserved cheese.
- Cook for 1-1½ hours or until the potatoes are tender and the topping is golden brown. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.