Who knew you could make a pizza base using potatoes? Try this great recipe for pizza with a twist, perfect for getting the kids involved with cooking their own food too!
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes in lightly salted water until tender. Drain well and allow to cool, then mash.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour and baking powder. Add the potato and herbs and stir to combine. Add the milk and mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly to form into a smooth ball.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli florets in a small pan of water for 3 minutes, drain and set aside
- Place the pizza dough on a greased baking sheet. Press out evenly to a 23cm round and baked in a preheated oven at 220°C, 200°C, Fan, Gas Mark 7 and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pizza base and lower the oven temperature 200°C, 180°C, Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Spread the tomato purée over the surface; arrange the tomatoes on top then scatter over the broccoli and ham. Finally add the cheese then bake in the oven for a further 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the edge of the pizza base is crisp.
- Serve immediately.