Tuck into this fantastic cod recipe accompanied with the delectable flavours of chorizo and paprika. This combination of amazing tastes delightfully influence the potatoes and fish too. Simple, easy and impressive!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook until tender, drain.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium-high heat, season the cod loins and rub the olive oil all over. Pan fry, skin side down for 5 minutes, transfer to an oven tray and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your cod.
- Meanwhile, in the same pan add the chorizo and a little more oil if required.
- Cook the chorizo over a medium heat for a few minutes, next add the potatoes and sprinkle the paprika over, continue frying until the potatoes start to crisp on the edges while stirring every so often.
- Add the peppers and chard or spinach, pop a lid on, turn the heat down and cook until the chard or spinach wilts. Divide the potato and chorizo mixture between your plates, top with the cod and serve.
Tip: This dish works wonderfully well with haddock, sea bass and other white fish.
There’s an accompanying video to this recipe which you can view below and many other potato recipe videos on our video hub.