|Sat Fat 5.9g||30|
This is inspired by Mum’s mid week dinner dish where she roasted a chicken and cooked several trimmings to go with it – tasty, but so time consuming. My version is much simpler using chicken thighs, rather than the whole bird, plus seasonal veg, including Maris Piper potatoes - cooked in one roasting tray. Try it mid-week, or if you have if you have a house full as a simplified Sunday lunch. If you want a slightly less indulgent dish you can leave out the chorizo or lardons, but these do add lovely flavours to the dish.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC /fan 200ºC/gas 7 while you prepare your vegetables and chicken.
2. Pop the potatoes in a shallow microwaveable dish and pour over 2 tbsp water. Cover with cling film, piercing a hole in the top and microwave on high (based on a 750watt microwave) for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile put the chicken, chorizo or lardons (if using), peppers, onion, carrots, rosemary and olive oil in a large roasting tray.
4. Add the partially cooked potatoes and toss everything together so it is coated in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze over the lemon juice, season and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes turn everything around in the tray and add the tomatoes (and olives, if using) and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and cooked through.
750g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and quartered
8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
150g diced chorizo or bacon lardons
1-2 red, yellow or orange peppers, seeded and cut into wedges
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
3 carrots cut into chunks
2 stalks rosemary
1.5 tbsp olive oil (2 tbsp olive oil if not using chorizo or lardons)
Juice of 1 lemon
About 20 cherry or baby plum tomatoes
Large handful of green olives, plain or stuffed with pimento or anchovies (optional)
This Chicken and Potato Pot is quick, easy and full of flavour, full of winter warmers.
A classic recipe this is easy to make, containing just a few ingredients. Prep in just 20 minutes, this is great for all cooking levels.
"As you all loved the potato salad I posted a few weeks ago I thought I should share another lovely potato recipe for summer salads and feasts. This one is bursting with flavour and it’s coronation inspired sauce is just a dream. The sauce is made of a delicious blend of spices, from curry powder to garam masala, cinnamon and cayenne, which are mixed with lemon juice, tamari and coconut. The tender potatoes are then tossed with the sauce and scattered with juicy chunks of mango, flaked almonds and raisins. I love this served with big bowls of quinoa and veggies for a beautiful summer meal with friends."
"This is simply yummy, as spicy as you fancy with the King Edwards catching a lovely lick of the chicken's roasting juices as they get to know each other in the oven."
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union