|Sat Fat 5.9g||30|
This is inspired by Mum’s mid week dinner dish where she roasted a chicken and cooked several trimmings to go with it – tasty, but so time consuming. My version is much simpler using chicken thighs, rather than the whole bird, plus seasonal veg, including Maris Piper potatoes - cooked in one roasting tray. Try it mid-week, or if you have if you have a house full as a simplified Sunday lunch. If you want a slightly less indulgent dish you can leave out the chorizo or lardons, but these do add lovely flavours to the dish.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC /fan 200ºC/gas 7 while you prepare your vegetables and chicken.
2. Pop the potatoes in a shallow microwaveable dish and pour over 2 tbsp water. Cover with cling film, piercing a hole in the top and microwave on high (based on a 750watt microwave) for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile put the chicken, chorizo or lardons (if using), peppers, onion, carrots, rosemary and olive oil in a large roasting tray.
4. Add the partially cooked potatoes and toss everything together so it is coated in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze over the lemon juice, season and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes turn everything around in the tray and add the tomatoes (and olives, if using) and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and cooked through.
750g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and quartered
8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
150g diced chorizo or bacon lardons
1-2 red, yellow or orange peppers, seeded and cut into wedges
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
3 carrots cut into chunks
2 stalks rosemary
1.5 tbsp olive oil (2 tbsp olive oil if not using chorizo or lardons)
Juice of 1 lemon
About 20 cherry or baby plum tomatoes
Large handful of green olives, plain or stuffed with pimento or anchovies (optional)
Blue Cheese Mini Sliders With Potato Buns
The perfect recipe to impress your friends - try these small yet delicious burgers with buns made from potato. Enjoy!
"This brightly coloured and intensely flavoured recipe is speedy enough for any night of the week. The sweet and sour relish sets off the salmon beautifully and I've roasted the King Edwards in their skins to give the whole thing wholesome comfort."
Moussaka is the ultimate Greek comfort food. Indulge in this Greek Style Beef and Potato Moussaka recipe and enjoy something a little different for dinner tonight!
Charred potato, grilled peach and sliced lamb with parsley dressing
Get your griddle on with this delicious charred potato, grilled peach and sliced lamb dish. Paired with a homemade parsley dressing, this is the perfect mid-week meal to enjoy yourself or share with friends.
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union