- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4.
- Parboil the potatoes in boiling water for 12 minutes or microwave according to your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the onion for 2-3 minutes until soft and add the garlic, peppers and mince, chillies, spices and season well. Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a large, deep baking tray or ovenproof dish. Cover with the chilli mince and half the grated cheese. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While this is cooking, make the guacamole. Mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork and mix in the remaining ingredients. Check and adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- For the salsa, in another bowl, mix together all the salsa ingredients and set aside.
- To serve, remove the chilli from the oven, sprinkle over the coriander leaves, remaining cheese and chilli flakes, if using, then top with the crème fraiche, salsa and guacamole.
If preferred shop bought guacamole or salsa instead.