Here’s a great recipe for using up any leftovers from your Sunday lunch, or indeed any midweek roasts that you have conjured up!
- In a large bowl slightly mash the potatoes with a fork and add the vegetables.
- Stir in the roast meat, horseradish (or mustard), rosemary and season.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and mold into cake-like shapes.
- Chill for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat with the oil.
- Toss the cakes into the flour, shaking off any excess and fry for about 5 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve hot with a fried or poached egg and a little brown or red sauce.