This beautifully flavoured Indian inspired recipe has a wealth of classic spices which are soothed by the presence of coconut milk and mint chutney. The recipe also guides you through the process of creating the chutney and sambal.
- To prepare the sambal, blend all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor and set aside.
- For the chutney, coarsely blend the ingredients together in a clean blender or food processor and set aside.
- Blend the onion, garlic, ginger and chillies in a clean blender. Heat a heavy saucepan with the oil and fry the blended onion mix gently for two to three minutes until soft. Add the curry powder or paste and cook for a further minute.
- Add the potatoes, coriander and tamarind, stir well and pour in the coconut milk. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve with some poppadum, the sambal and chutney.