A delightful dish that harmonises the rustic goodness of potato rosti with the savoury allure of feta cheese and spinach. These golden, crispy rosti are crowned with juicy, roasted tomatoes, creating a delectable combination of flavours and textures. This recipe offers a charming twist on a classic comfort food, making it a standout choice for any meal.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Roast the cherry tomatoes, drizzled with a little olive oil and seasoning in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Wilt the spinach by pouring boiling hot water over it in a colander in the sink. Remove the excess water by placing an empty bowl on top of the spinach and pushing the liquid through the colander Remove the spinach from the colander and allow to cool then squeeze out the excess water.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl with the egg, flour, spring onions, nutmeg (if used) chilli flakes and seasoning. Stir well. Add the wilted spinach and cheese. Stir gently to mix together.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot (this is important as you really want the rosti to crisp up). Add a spoonful each of the mix into the pan – forming shapes about 10cm wide. After about 3 minutes you can carefully flip each rosti.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes then transfer to a large oven and cook for a further 10 minutes in the oven to finish cooking (you may need to do this in batches).
- Serve the rosti with the roasted cherry tomatoes.
Tip: Each rosti freezes well.