A convenient and flavourful twist on a traditional dish. This recipe brings the exotic tastes of Moroccan cuisine to your table with tender lamb and a rich blend of spices, all prepared in a convenient tray bake style. It’s a fuss-free way to enjoy the intricate and harmonious flavours of a classic lamb tagine, making it a perfect choice for a quick and delicious meal.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C, Gas Mark 7.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 5 minutes, drain.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the drained potatoes and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Now add the garlic and continue frying. Next goes in the peppers and harissa spice and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Season with a little salt and transfer the potatoes to an oven tray. Pour over the lamb stock, add the olives and apricots and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and cook the lamb chops for 6-8 minutes on each side until browned on both sides, you may need to do this in 2 batches. Season the lamb.
- Remove the tray from the oven, stir in the spinach, pop the lamb chops in the tray, sprinkle over the parsley and cook for a further 10 minutes and serve at the table in the tray.
See this recipe in action in the video below. Check out more potato recipe videos on Love Potatoes’ video hub.