Why not try out this delicious savoury pancake recipe with a twist! This approach makes use of salmon and asparagus which blends deliciously with the pancake base.
- Start by preparing the pancakes, or you could make these the day before and store wrapped in the fridge.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Whisk the melted butter with the milk and egg, pour into the flour and mix well until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-hot heat. Add a little oil and then a ladle full of the batter, making sure to swirl the batter around the pan. Cook for about 1 minute, flip and cook on the other side for 20-30 seconds. Repeat until you have 4 large pancakes.
- To prepare the filling, cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender and drain. Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain.
- In a medium bowl mix together the crème fraiche, dill and lemon juice. Stir in the potatoes and asparagus.
- Place a pancake on your plate, spoon the potato filling onto the pancake, top with the flaked smoked salmon and serve with the watercress.