|Sat Fat 15.4g||77%|
Gorgeous flavour pairing of apple cider marinade and rosemary beautifully season these sautéed spuds! Tuck into the method below!
1. If you have time, marinate the pork chops for a few hours in the cider. This helps tenderise them and give them plenty of flavour. If not, half an hour will do.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil and parboil the potatoes for 4 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat the oven to 150°C, 130°C fan, Gas mark 3.
4. Heat a sauté pan with a little oil. Remove the chops from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and pat dry. Cook the chops for 6 minutes on each side, remove from the pan and put on a tray in the oven while you make the potatoes and sauce.
5. Add the potatoes to the same sauté pan, season well and add the rosemary and apple.
6. Cook until golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, gently cook the onion in a little oil until soft, turn up the heat and pour in a good splash of the cider marinade. Reduce by half, turn the heat down, season then stir in the cream and mustard and heat until bubbling.
8. Serve the pork on top of the potatoes and with a good amount of the mustard sauce.
200g Maris Piper potatoes, cut into quarters
2 thick cut, bone in pork chops
1 small bottle of dry cider
Rapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
2 Braeburn apples, peeled and cubed
1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
80ml double cream
2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
Lamb and orange isn't necessarily the first combination that 'springs' to mind, but trust us - this one works!
Serve hits delicious recipe hot or cold, ideal to share with friends
A classic recipe this is easy to make, containing just a few ingredients. Prep in just 20 minutes, this is great for all cooking levels.
Deconstructed Chicken Kiev and Potato Parcels
Enjoy this tasty modern twist on the traditional Chicken Kiev. Layered with thinly sliced potato and oozing in garlic butter, this dish is one you definitely won't want to miss.
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union