|Sat Fat 15.4g||77%|
Gorgeous flavour pairing of apple cider marinade and rosemary beautifully season these sautéed spuds! Tuck into the method below!
1. If you have time, marinate the pork chops for a few hours in the cider. This helps tenderise them and give them plenty of flavour. If not, half an hour will do.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil and parboil the potatoes for 4 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat the oven to 150°C, 130°C fan, Gas mark 3.
4. Heat a sauté pan with a little oil. Remove the chops from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and pat dry. Cook the chops for 6 minutes on each side, remove from the pan and put on a tray in the oven while you make the potatoes and sauce.
5. Add the potatoes to the same sauté pan, season well and add the rosemary and apple.
6. Cook until golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, gently cook the onion in a little oil until soft, turn up the heat and pour in a good splash of the cider marinade. Reduce by half, turn the heat down, season then stir in the cream and mustard and heat until bubbling.
8. Serve the pork on top of the potatoes and with a good amount of the mustard sauce.
200g Maris Piper potatoes, cut into quarters
2 thick cut, bone in pork chops
1 small bottle of dry cider
Rapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
2 Braeburn apples, peeled and cubed
1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
80ml double cream
2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
Roasted Red Pepper, potato, chorizo and kale stew
Dive into this tasty and fulfilling roasted red pepper, potato, chorizo and kale stew. Vibrant in colour and rich in flavour, this Spanish -inspired stew can be enjoyed any day of the week. For an extra indulgence, top with a soft cheese of your choice.
Indian Style Lamb, Potato & Aubergine Dhansak Curry
Jazz up your midweek meal with this quick and tasty curry.
Deliciously Ella's Potato & Peanut Curry
This warming, fragrant curry from Deliciously Ella is perfect for a hearty dinner.
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union