This dish offers a delightful fusion of tender meat, perfectly cooked potatoes, and vibrant vegetables, creating a tasty and quick meal that’s rich in flavour and textures.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a plastic food bag or shallow dish. Add the steak, coat gently, then seal or cover and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine the ginger, garlic and spring onion in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the pepper sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon groundnut oil in a wok or large non-stick saucepan. When it is very hot, add the steak and sizzle for 30 seconds each side. Using tongs, remove the steak from the pan and place to the site on a plate. Then, add a dash more oil and wait until it heats up before adding the potatoes. Allow 30 seconds to crisp up before flipping them to crisp the other side.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and place to one side. Add more oil before adding the peppers and onion. After about 3 minutes, when the vegetables have softened, remove from the pan and transfer to another plate.
- Add the last bit of oil along with the ginger, garlic and spring onion, stir briefly to cook before adding the sauce ingredients (stir before adding so the cornflour is mixed in). As soon as it begins to boil and thicken, tip all the cooked ingredients back into the pan to coat.
- Garnish with the green part of the spring onions and serve immediately.
Take a look at how to make this tasty dish below and many more potato recipe videos on our video hub.