A savoury and satisfying dish that combines tender pieces of chicken, thinly sliced potatoes, and a medley of vegetables stir-fried together in a delicious Chinese-style sauce, a popular choice for a quick and tasty dinner option.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the potatoes under cold water, drain again and dry by wrapping in a clean Heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick saucepan. Add the cashew nuts, if used and cook for 30 seconds until lightly coloured.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the chicken and cook for 1 minute, tossing occasionally until cooked through, then set aside with the nut, if used.
- Heat a little more oil if necessary, then add the onions and the vegetables (except the chilli)to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the soy sauce, along with the chicken and nuts then toss together to coat. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the drained potatoes and chilli to the pan and stir constantly for 3 minutes until the potatoes are cooked but still retain their bite.
- Add the sauce ingredients and cook for a further 2 minutes. Spoon the potatoes onto the base of a plate then top with the chicken mixture.