If you’re a fan of spicy dishes then this creation is going to be perfect for you! This potato recipe guides you through the process of making a spicy sauce for the potatoes and chicken, as well as a slaw, salad and dressing.
- For the buffalo-style potato and chicken, heat the butter in a large non-stick pan and cook the onion, celery and bay leaf in the butter then add the chicken thighs and brown all over.
- Lay the potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients for the chicken and the contents of the sauté pan. Cook on high for two hours or low for four hours.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker, add the cornflour and boil to thicken and reduce a little. Blitz with a stick blender if you have one.
- For the slaw, mix the cabbage, carrot, cucumber and spring onions with the vinegar and sugar in a large bowl and leave to pickle in the liquid for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Drain and mix in the mayonnaise, season and leave to rest for 30 minutes if possible.
- For the dressing, mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk or fork until smooth, set aside until ready to serve. This can be done up to a day before.
- To serve, when the chicken is cooked (depending on which slow-cooker setting you’ve used), remove the chicken and potatoes from the slow cooker, blitz the sauce until smooth with a stick blender or carefully in a food processor and serve poured over the chicken and potatoes.
- Mix together the lettuce and bacon and serve with the ranch dressing and the ‘slaw’.