A classic and satisfying dish, perfect for using up left overs. Did you know, the term “Bubble and Squeak” originates from the sound the ingredients make as they sizzle and cook in the pan.
- Boil the potatoes for approx. 8 minutes, adding the cabbage for the last 2-3 minutes. Drain and mash roughly, then season to taste.
- Cool slightly before shaping bubble and squeak mixture into 4 equal burger shapes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bubble and squeak burgers for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Meanwhile, boil the asparagus for 2-3 minutes until tender and drain.
- Serve the bubble and squeak topped with asparagus and spoon over the Hollandaise.