A flavourful dish that blends the classic Italian frittata with the vibrant and spicy flavours of Bombay.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, or until tender, drain and return to the pan.
- Heat oil in a non-stick ovenproof frying pan (approx. 24cm). Add the cumin, mustard and coriander seeds and stir until aromatic and the mustard seeds are popping.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, before adding the turmeric, chillies, ginger and garlic. Season and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes and the coriander, stir gently and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the eggs, reduce the heat and cook until the frittata is mostly set (about 5 mins, by which point the edges will have come away from the pan but the centre will still be liquid).
- Transfer the pan to the oven for 7-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in separate bowls, mix the raita and chutney together and set aside.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve with generous spoons of raita/chutney and reserved coriander leaves.