These Blue Cheese Mini Burgers with Potato Buns don’t take long and are fun to make too – the kids will love them!
- To prepare the bread, add a little warm water and sugar to the yeast in a glass and leave it until it foams.
- Mix into the flour, add the cold mashed potato and slowly mix in the water. Add a large pinch of salt and knead for ten minutes. Leave to rise until doubled in size, knock back the dough and spoon into a nine hole fairy-cake tin.
- Leave to rise again for another 15 minutes and bake at 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 6 for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the mini burgers by mixing together all the burger ingredients except the cheese. Divide into 9 balls and put a cube of cheese in the middle of each. Form the mince around the cheese and shape into burgers.
- Heat a griddle pan to high and cook the burgers for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Slice the buns in half and serve each mini burger with sliced red onions, tomato and lettuce.