A flavourful dish that combines tender pieces of chicken with a medley of spiced potatoes, capturing the essence of Beijing cuisine.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Take a large roasting tray and line with non-stick parchment paper or foil.
- In a large bowl mix together the 5- spice powder, soy, honey, ginger and chili if using. Toss the chicken in the marinade and place onto the roasting tray leaving a gap between the chicken pieces.
- Now toss the potatoes in the remaining marinade and scatter around the chicken and roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick and cook the garlic for a few seconds then add the kale with a little splash of water to cover and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Serve the chicken with a little fresh chopped coriander if you have it and enjoy.
Tip: For extra flavour, if times allows, cover and marinate the chicken in the fridge for 2 hours before cooking.
Take a look at the accompanying video for this recipe below and discover wider potato recipe videos.