1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
2. In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic purée and oil.
3. Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
4. Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 5 minutes, drain and cool slightly.
6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan under a moderate heat and cook the potatoes for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned, shaking the pan from time to time. During the last minute add the rosemary and shake the pan to coat. Season if required and remove from the heat.
7. Slice the roast and serve with gravy, sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean beef mini roast (we used a mini topside joint)
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
30ml/2tbsp Dijon mustard or similar
10ml/2tsp garlic purée
15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
For the potatoes
175g/6oz new potatoes, quartered
15ml/1tbsp rapeseed oil
10ml/2tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
Deliciously Ella's Potato & Peanut Curry
This warming, fragrant curry from Deliciously Ella is perfect for a hearty dinner.
Take the roast potato outside the context of the Sunday roast and into more tropical cuisines. The crunchy and soft consistency works amazingly well with the prawn and coconut milk flavours.
Low sat fat
Try this pan seared cod for a healthy evening meal. Containing chorizo, peppers and paprika for a spicy kick.
Roast new potato, kale, beetroot and dill salad with toasted sesame seed dressing
Treat your taste-buds to this Roast new potato, Kale, Beetroot and Dill Salad. Don't forget to enjoy with a toasted sesame dressing!
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union