1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
2. In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic purée and oil.
3. Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
4. Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 5 minutes, drain and cool slightly.
6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan under a moderate heat and cook the potatoes for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned, shaking the pan from time to time. During the last minute add the rosemary and shake the pan to coat. Season if required and remove from the heat.
7. Slice the roast and serve with gravy, sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean beef mini roast (we used a mini topside joint)
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
30ml/2tbsp Dijon mustard or similar
10ml/2tsp garlic purée
15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
For the potatoes
175g/6oz new potatoes, quartered
15ml/1tbsp rapeseed oil
10ml/2tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
This is a great way of using up your leftover spuds! Serve up as a snack in traditional pizza fashion with a smattering of nutritional toppings including potatoes and broccoli layered on top.
moroccan-spiced baked potato crisps
These deliciously moreish crisps will have your guests coming back for more this party season! Perfect for when you'd like to serve something a little out of the ordinary.
Cleansing Japanese Miso Potato & Chicken Broth
What better way to start your New Year health-kick, than with this hassle-free Cleansing Japanese broth. Enjoy the tasty combination of perfectly cooked potatoes and chicken along, with traditional miso flavours for an interesting soup alternative.
Quick Pork and Potato dumplings with Korean kimchi
Amaze your guests with these deliciously quick and easy Pork and Potato dumplings. Seasoned with traditional Korean flavours, this recipe is the perfect showstopper for all occasions.
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union