1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C fan, Gas mark 5.
2. In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic purée and oil.
3. Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
4. Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 5 minutes, drain and cool slightly.
6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan under a moderate heat and cook the potatoes for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned, shaking the pan from time to time. During the last minute add the rosemary and shake the pan to coat. Season if required and remove from the heat.
7. Slice the roast and serve with gravy, sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
1 x 400-450g lean beef mini roast (we used a mini topside joint)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or similar
2 teaspoons garlic purée
1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
For the potatoes:
175g new potatoes, quartered
1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary leaves
Roasted Red Pepper, potato, chorizo and kale stew
Dive into this tasty and fulfilling roasted red pepper, potato, chorizo and kale stew. Vibrant in colour and rich in flavour, this Spanish -inspired stew can be enjoyed any day of the week. For an extra indulgence, top with a soft cheese of your choice.
Lamb and orange isn't necessarily the first combination that 'springs' to mind, but trust us - this one works!
Potato farl steak sandwich with caramelised red onion and cheese sauce
Calling meat lovers everywhere! indulge yourself in this Potato Farl steak sandwich with caramelised red onion and creamy cheese sauce. Perfect for a tasty lunchtime treat or a quick mid week meal.
This Chicken and Potato Pot is quick, easy and full of flavour, full of winter warmers.