A delectable and savoury dish that features a small cut of beef – perfect for a mid week treat.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C fan, Gas mark 5.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic purée and oil.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 5 minutes, drain and cool slightly.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan under a moderate heat and cook the potatoes for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned, shaking the pan from time to time. During the last minute add the rosemary and shake the pan to coat. Season if required and remove from the heat.
- Slice the roast and serve with gravy, sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.