A fusion dish that combines the simplicity of a baked potato with the vibrant flavours of Asian cuisine.
- Heat oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork, place on a plate and microwave on HIGH (900W) for 6½ minutes. Turn the potatoes over and microwave for a further 3½ minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and brush with the oil. Season and place on the top shelf of the oven for 20 minutes until the skin is crisp and the flesh is soft. Reduce the temperature to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6, if the potatoes brown too quickly.
- Meanwhile place the spring onion, cucumber, carrot, radishes, coriander and sesame oil in a bowl. Lightly season and toss to coat.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, make a cross in each potato and split open slightly. Spoon over the Asian slaw and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, cook the potatoes on a prepared BBQ at 200˚C. Double wrap the potatoes in foil and place directly on to the coals. After 20 minutes rotate the potatoes and cook for a further 20 minutes until soft.